Monday 31 August 2015

Spring is near :) xo

Hey everyone.

I just thought I'd touch base on how I was going. I am heading towards another anniversary and still no signs of eczema. It's been a very busy year with my youngest who has asperger's starting school and I was excepted into Nursing. So with a huge transition for my son and beginning a new chapter for myself, I haven't had the time to touch base on my progress.

So Im happy to report, I have had no set backs what so ever. I still, however have the dreams and nightmares of waking up back when I was at my worst. I really don't think that will ever go away as it was the most difficult stage in my life and I really thought it would never end.

I visit my support group on Facebook now at almost 5000 sufferers, to remind myself how bad it was and now to try and help others going through the same ordeal. The most important information I can offer is to show them how I am now and that the suffering does end. Life does go back to normal and its better than before the steroid use.

I continue to stick to a wheat, dairy, egg free eating plan to the best of my ability. I know when I have my cravings I expect a uncomfortable few days ahead :)


On a Nursing studies note. One thing I will find difficult, will be agreeing with the use of steroid creams. I am hoping that I can be an advocate for not using them especially on young children. I will somehow use my experience and evidence to get the word out there. The Facebook Page has been a great start with many members getting their stories out there through magazines, newspapers, webpages and TV.

If you would like to visit the page, click on the below link.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/212642132257327/

You will find many friends and so much information to help you get through the withdrawal stage.

Hugs and love

xo

PS Im on the left of the picture. A night out a few nights ago. Its great to get out again :) x



10 comments:

  1. Did you get an allergy test to determine you were allergic to dairy, wheat and eggs or did you base this on eliminating these foods from your diet and then noticing a difference? Had you experienced any allergies to foods before your Topical steroid experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jane..
      I always had food allergies but never did anything about it .. Thought I would have to live with it, I had the skin prick testing and blood test to back up then stopped eating everything that came up positive. I tried to introduce each food individually one year after not eating them but I would react so stopped again .. I do eat chocolate and some wheat but I know I will just put up with the after effects for a few days :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi thank you for a wonderful blog, did you change your diet at all or take any supplements when going through TSW?

    Sav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Savo, Thank you for reading...I changed my diet completely :) After doing allergy tests, I cut out all this foods and continue to do :)

      Delete
  3. I've had eczema skin around parts of my body that have lasted many months. It would just be nonstop swelling, redness, itch, and discharge. I've tried several home remedies such as neosporin, anti-bacterial and fungal ointment, and more. However, after using foderma serum my skin is starting to finally heal. I was really skeptical of its effectiveness because I knew little of foderma serum but seeing the results, I can gladly say it was worth the spend. Even after one usage I can see my skin healing. I think with 2-3 more applications my problematic areas will be fully healed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and extremely hard work to make a great article. This post has inspired me to write some posts that I am going to write soon on steroids UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belajar main judi di era modern tentu tidak sekedar teori permainan saja. Tekhnologi yang semakin canggih juga memudahkan kamu untuk bertransaksi deposit ataupun withdraw. Deposit OVO GOPAY Alfamart adalah salah satu bukti berkembangnya sistem pembayaran untuk memainkan (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete